Student Advisory Service

The Department of Sociology welcomes about 80 international students from all over the world every term. As an international student at the University of Copenhagen you have several opportunities to get guidance in relation to your studies here: 

The different student advisory services can all be reached by phone, e-mail or you can stop by during their office hours. If you have a problem or a question they do not know the answer to, they will be able to direct you to the relevant person or office. You can also read more here on:

  • Information regarding social arrangements, mentors etc. (Please contact The Student Advisory Service)
  • Practical information about student cards, getting around etc. (Please contact The Student Advisory Service)

    The International Office (Guidance and Admission)

    The International Office advises exchange students at the University of Copenhagen on practical and academic matters, such as admission to the University, course registration, transcripts of exam results and accommodations. The “Study Abroad Advisor” also helps exchange students with questions regarding study plans and issues related to living and studying away from home. Most questions related to issues about being an exchange student at the University of Copenhagen can be answered by the international office. See contact information in the box at the right hand side.

    The Department's international coordinator

    Each department at the Faculty of Science has an international coordinator who is responsible for international students and their exchange agreements. See contact information in the box at the right hand side.

    If you need to get your Learning Agreement signed you should email the filled in documents to

    The Department's student advisory service

    The Department's Student Advisory Service is an offer for you, who seek a professional conversation about your studies and current situation as a student. 

    You can contact the Student Advisory Service if you for example would like
    - A conversation about your semester or study planning
    - An overview of your choice
    - A discussion of doubts concerning your study or situation as a student
    - Information about the exam, rules and application procedures
    - Information about cultural and social activities

    We advise in almost all study-related issues; academic, practical, personal and social. If we can’t answer your question, we usually know the person who can. The Student Advisory Service is subject to rules of confidentiality and you can safely contact us anonymously and confidentially.

    See contact information in the box at the right hand side.