Webinar: Sociological Perspectives on the Corona Crisis
The Covid-19 pandemic made researchers and research funds within sociology operate fast and create new research projects to track the societal implications of the crisis.
The Danish Sociological Association and the Faculty of Social Sciences at UCPH have invited three researchers, who received emergency grants from the faculty to present their first findings and reflect on their experiences with ‘fast track’ sociology and conducting empirical research during times of crisis.
- Pelle Korsbæk Sørensen, Vicepresident of the Danish Sociological Association: Welcome and introduction
- Postdoc Jonas Toubøl: Solidarity and volunteering in the COVID-19 crisis: Supply and demand of support in informal networks and social media communities
- Associate Professor Merlin Schaeffer: Where have all the Danes gone? A weekly online panel on changed everyday activities and routines during the COVID 19 pandemic
- Associate Professor Anna Ilsøe: Atypical workers in atypical times: how the corona crisis reveals blind spots in Nordic labour market data
- Pelle Korsbæk Sørensen: Discussion and questions from the audience
The webinar is organised by the Danish Sociological Association in collaboration with the Faculty of Social Sciences, UCPH.
It will take place via Zoom Thursday 29 October 2020 from 15:00-16:30. Participation is free of charge, but you need to sign up by writing to Nathalie Hauge Hvithamar.